Diary of a Spursaholic – Week 1 – 09/04/13

In the first of a new series, Antony Moule discusses the weekly news and the week of a Spursaholic.

Fellow Spurs fans, this is the first of a new theme to my articles. These articles will invite you into my world of Tottenham Hotspur; a world where every result decides my mood and attitude. A world where every conversation I have will inevitably lead to a discussion about Tottenham, and a world where I literally addictively indulge in everything Spurs. I am a Spursaholic, this is my experience; please feel free to agree, disagree, criticise and discuss everything in these articles in both the comments below and the forum here on e-Spurs.

Join the Forum here: www.e-spurs.freeforums.net

Having a discussion today with my Brother, a fellow Spurs fan, I came to realise the uphill task that faces Spurs in their quest for the promise land of Champions League football. I am an optimist, I am encouraged by some of the performance against Everton, and I am willing to suggest that if Tottenham Hotspur win every game left this season, we will finish in a top four spot. My brother on the other hand tells me that Tottenham have blown this year’s champions league chances; explaining that major points lost against Fulham and again at Everton have cost us, and that we won’t win the remaining games.


I can understand his approach; he is considering both previous experience and current form. But, we are still with a shout of our goals this season. We are still in a hunt for top four and Europa League success, and both Arsenal and Chelsea have difficult games, including Manchester United, Liverpool and Everton. I believe that this season will be as climatic as last year’s title race, and I agree with AVB that this competition for top four will go to the last game.

This brings me nicely to the current event of the week; AVB favourite for the Real Madrid job. If some of you are unaware, his odds have slashed dramatically due to substantial bets being received by bookies. This is something that we desperately do not need at the lane right now. We have a tough and important run of games coming up, with speculation about our key players going to grow over the next month or two; we need some continuity, and long term consistency, not speculation over our manager going to the biggest job in the game.


Would AVB be right for Madrid? Is Madrid right for AVB? They are the major questions involved in this debate. I for one don’t think AVB and Madrid fit, at least not right now. AVB has managed to get his career back on track, he has a place where he can evolve both the club and his management, and he simply is not ready for a job such as Madrid. Similar to the Bale situation, there is an opportunity to make something at Tottenham, and they should be disciplined in making it happen.

Lastly, Basel on Thursday; we need our A game, there needs to be no room for error, no lacklustre performance, and its game on if we score first.

COME ON YOU SPURS!

Antony Moule

Comment on this article below or on our other sites:

e-Spurs Blog - www.espurs.blogspot.com
e-Spurs Forum - www.e-spurs.freeforums.net
e-Spurs Facebook - www.facebook.com/eSpurs1882
e-Spurs Twitter - www.twitter.com/e_spurs
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 comments:

  1. I've read on Twitter (yes, I am citing Twitter) from a very reliable source that AVB is in talks to extend his contract with Tottenham already. Seems like Levy is aware that we've got a talented manager and wants to improve his deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good read - I hope we keep AVB he's going to become a spurs legend if he stays

    ReplyDelete

Please keep all comments:

1-Clean (non-offensive)
2-Spurs related
3-Interesting