Stanley Ipkiss vs Arsene Wenger

Article by e-Spurs Correspondent Mark French

Follow us on Twitter here!

So another MOTD that I won’t be watching and there have been too many of those this season. I listened to the death knell of our season as we lost to the scum and helped them to re-kindle theirs. It was all too much.

Despite dominating possession and chances we failed to get anywhere near scoring and once again failed to wipe the stupid look off Wingers face as once more they get one over us – that’s three times this season. And they only had one shot at goal in the second half.

In my last article I asked someone to explain to me why Harry Kane had been picked instead of Soldado against Benfica – no-one could help me out there.

Now I want someone to explain Sunday’s team selection to me, including the substitutions. Once again no Soldado. When we needed a bigger gaol scoring threat what did Tim do? Put on Paulinho and Siggurdsson. Siggy who hasn’t played 1st team football since when?

Previously I said ‘if ever RS wanted to know if he features in Sherwood’s future plans, last Thursday night (vs Benfica) told him’. It was written as a knee jerk reaction, maybe almost tongue in cheek, to the debacle of last Thursday and Kane being on the pitch in a must win game. After Sunday’s match and selection there is no tongue in cheek only a dropped jaw as a symbol of my incredulity. Soldado is clearly on his way out if Sherwood stays, that much is obvious. What Tim’s plan B is who knows but to me he certainly doesn’t have one this season.

Personally, having given him my support (until this week) after his promotion to 1st Team Manager, I sincerely hope there is no second season for him.

As I said before, we are in terminal decline and only United being worse than us gives us a chance for 5th place – though that is without considering Everton.

We are the laughing stock of every other team’s fans – no wait; we are even the laughing stock of our own fans. So much money; so much talent; so little idea.

Every time we get the opportunity to show we can cut it with the top 4/5 teams we fail. Every time we could get closer to the points haul of the top 4 we blow it. EVERY TIME. Every time we have the chance to close the gap we don’t. Every time….ahhh b*lls you get the idea, it’s not like you guys need me to tell you is it?

After my last article Spurgatso said ‘If you feel you could do better step up’. Of course I said I was no Premier League Manager. But now…could I do a better job? Yes, I could.

Sunday was painful and I echo another comment I read recently– "I wish the season would end now!"

Ah well, it can’t get any worse can it? Oh, wait yes it can, it can get much, much worse and I think it probably will.

We are looking for web designers, and fans of all other sports as writers. Interested? email e-football@live.co.uk

© e-Spurs 2014 All rights reserved no part of this document or this website may be reproduced without consent of e-Spurs
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments:

1-Clean (non-offensive)
2-Spurs related
3-Interesting