How do we all respond to this......

Article by Mark French

My last article was ‘Is the glass half full?’ Clearly from today’s shocker the glass actually appears to be empty. Whilst not wanting to have a knee jerk reaction after this amount of games, it seems we are past jerking knees. Far from being contenders, we look like pretenders instead.

I wrote that we were still only 5 points behind the leaders. Well now it’s eight. I’m sorry but the results are starting to stack up against us and DL will be taking more than just a sideways glance at AVB – and rightly so. Don’t get me wrong I have been a supporter of his since he joined and I’m not in the “AVB must go brigade” BUT this kind of result can’t pass by unchallenged by Spurs fans.

We deserve better and we deserve an explanation and a positive reaction from the players in our next games. Trouble is we have United next. The rest of the league, particularly our main detractors, will be having a field day over this and who can blame them?

In just a couple of games we have shown how we can be beaten, how our defence can be breached and how, gifting us the lion’s share of possession, means nothing because we can’t deliver an end result.

I can’t give you my assessment of the match as I wasn’t there and (sorry) I can’t bring myself to watch it on MOTD. I don’t need the torture or the angst that will go with it.

Now what next? We have a good squad but, as I said last time, we are not playing as a team yet. We had proved that, despite not scoring many goals, we can still get a result but this is a shocking state for us. It puts us in the Villa/Stoke/Newcastle league where mid-table is where we’re going. We seem to be heading backwards after spending so much money.

The long term is that we’ll have players who will think twice about joining us in January and instead will go and strengthen the very sides we need to beat. What chance of getting Benteke to join us now? And Lukaku? Forget it. I know I said no ‘knee jerk reaction’ but if we don’t get a result against United I honestly expect AVB to be under so much pressure, it could signal the beginning of the end for him.

And what then?

Answers on a post card please.

Gutted. Simply gutted.

© e-Spurs 2013 All rights reserved no part of this document or this website may be reproduced without consent of e-Spurs
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments:

1-Clean (non-offensive)
2-Spurs related
3-Interesting