The greatest Tottenham Hotspur I've ever witnessed

On Monday night, as I let the demolishing of Stoke by my beloved Tottenham sink in, I felt emotional - emotional because I was so proud of the footballing team we have become, what we stand for and how the players fight for each other and our famous lilywhite shirt.

Follow e-Spurs!

e-Spurs on Facebook - Click Here
e-Spurs on Twitter - Click Here
e-Spurs on G+ - Click Here
e-Spurs on Instagram - Click Here
e-Spurs on YouTube - Click Here

*e-Spurs are looking for THFC fans to write match previews/reports, opinion based articles and nostalgia pieces. Interested in this fantastic opportunity? e-mail e-spurs@live.co.uk.


Article by James Forster

I have no doubts watching this season unfold, that this is truly the greatest Tottenham Hotspur team I've ever witnessed. Yes I've seen the magic of Ginola, Berbatov and Bale terrorising defences down the lane; however, I have never seen such a cohesive outfit, one which gels so well, defends so competently and attacks so menacingly - they truly send shivers down my spine.

So many years of hurt and disappointment have been provided - hope distilled by gut wrenching moments and gutless performances. However, for me as a Spurs fan, it's all been eclipsed by how good this young team is, and what they can go on and achieve for years to come if they stick together. But James, It's foolish to think that we can hold onto these bright young talents you may say.. My response to that is why? Firstly, why would they want to leave? This incredibly bright project, a environment which they're flourishing in, Champions League football and a truly world class stadium on the horizon? All the aspects are in place for such a bright future - I just cannot see why they'd want to jump ship.


The key to this all is Mauricio Pochettino. The stats with him at the helm speak for themselves. Most goals scored in the league; least goals conceded; most chances created - the list goes on; incredibly, all with the youngest team in the Premier League. The job he is doing is quite simply remarkable - Levy has finally found his man and must do all he can to keep him here, he is essential to our future success. I feel so at ease to finally have a manager I fully can trust in and I know this resonates with many fans. Get him a lifelong contract Levy.

I really believe that if we can keep Pochettino and this current crop of players, then anything is possible. Why can we not continue to defy the odds and take on the big boys? We have a striker who has scored over 20 goals in consecutive premier league seasons; one of the best goalkeepers in the world and the Premier League's form centre back. That's not even beginning to mention the class of Dembele and Vertonghen who are in their peak years. The balance is spot on, a perfect concoction to future success.

It's frightening to think how good our team can become - how brilliant the likes of Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Eric Dier can be in a couple of years. Other clubs must feel so jealous, we've made superstars right under their noses and there's nothing they can do about it.

So here we are, five points behind Leicester City with four games to go. Playing the role of pantomime villain in their alleged fairytale. I believe we can do it, I really do. However, whatever happens come the last day, I will be proud. Proud of how we have carried ourselves as a football team. Proud of our incredible fans. Proud of how we play, how emphatic our performances are and the way we rip teams apart. So overwhelmingly proud to be a fan of this great football club.

Long may this all continue, in these next four games and years into the future - foundations are set. To conclude, I want to say thank you. Thank you to Tottenham Hotspur for helping so many of us to feel so connected to this great football club and thank you for becoming the greatest Tottenham Hotspur side I've ever witnessed. As I sit here, eyes suspiciously watery and with a massive smile on my face, a sense of hope surges through me, a contagious buzz I know so many other fans are feeling. What a time to be Spurs.

© e-Media Group 2016 All rights reserved no part of this document or this website may be reproduced without consent of @e_media_group
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 comments:

  1. well said bro!!!!!!!! COYS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This team is so well gelled it can and should be compared to Sir Bill's 61' team, we're THAT good right now. Win the title or not this season, I'm about as proud as I can be and they have exceeded, AND THEN SOME, all of my expectations beyond my wildest dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your writing James, fantastic piece and I certainly feel that buzz. COYS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:01 pm

    As a spurs fan of over twenty years this is without doubt the best team we've had as a unit! I'm feeling the very same emotions as you James :) bursting with pride and buzzing with excitement! I too believe we can overhaul the foxes,i trust we'll do our job as I've never had such belief in a spurs side,we can only pray they feel the heat and get the jitters. If not to be this season it could happen in next few years! COYS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:21 pm

    Can't argue with that, I totally agree, at the start of the season I didn't see this happening and had my doubts whether we would make even a Europa League spot, got to hold up my hands and give massive praise to Pochettino and the coaching staff for turning these players into a fantastic team. It's now down to Daniel Levy and the board to make sure we not only keep the players but also Pochettino. COYS !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:42 pm

    Utterly agree, with one exception - I think "the best team" and manager, for more than 50 years. Anyway I'd like to make an opinion about this pressure they are talking about, because for me the pressure is on Leicester being the first to play and fretting about the result, then waiting to see if Spurs will capitalize!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep all comments:

1-Clean (non-offensive)
2-Spurs related
3-Interesting