Tim, Tim nice but dim….

Article by e-Spurs Correspondent Mark French

Follow e-Spurs on Twitter!

I have been prepared to give Tim Sherwood the benefit of the doubt and my support. That is until last night.

Let’s be honest, we were bl**dy awful from the start. Despite what TS bulls it up to be “No problem with the desire and effort there”he said, personally I only saw 3 players who I’d rate for effort and maybe 2 who were bordering on OK. For effort there was Sandro, Kaboul and Lloris and for ‘OK’Walker, and Eriksen. That’s 5 out of 11. The rest? Least said about them the better.

Can someone also explain to me why Kane played and not Soldado? Harry Kane FFS! If ever Roberto Soldado wanted to know if he features in TS’s future plans, last night told him. I just don’t get it, right after RS scored in his last game, right after TS says he has stuck by him and it’s only a matter of time before he comes good….he drops him and picks Harry Kane. Harry‘chicken with no head’ Kane.

It must clearly be part of Tim’s strategy of using our young players that he ‘knows so well’ - the others must be in his ‘players I can’t trust’ bracket.
What must Adebayor have thought? He’s just starting to look at forming a partnership with Soldado and he ends up playing instead with Kane. Ade got no service and was left fuming and waving his arms in frustration.


IT MAKES NO SENSE.

Last night we couldn’t string any more than 3 passes together. Mostly we put the ball into empty space where there was no-one in a white shirt, or we gave it to Benfica to see what they could do with it. They pressed our midfield back, separating them from our front two and effectively cutting off the pass from midfield to front line resulting in us ‘hoofing’ the ball forward a la Stoke. It was awful, like watching a train you knew was going to crash. Was that the team telling TS what they thought of him?

I am starting to see Mr Sherwood as Jim Carrey playing Stanley Ipkiss in “The Mask”- hapless, luckless and clueless.

After stringing some decent results together, we are now in terminal decline and it will be season over if we lose on Sunday to the scum. TS will have presided over exits from 3 trophies (don’t kid yourself that we can score 3 goals against Benfica next week) and our decline from contenders for the top 4 to 6th, 7th or 8th also rans.

The only sure thing to come out of this will be an end to the speculation about his future as Manager and the bringing in of Louis van Gaal – I pray it’s not too late to tempt him on board.

Sorry to all of you who think this is just a negative whinge (which it clearly is) BUT for me enough is enough. Not even a win on Sunday will boost my hopes; it will only lead to more disappointment when we get turned over by Liverpool at Anfield.

The only thing I agree with TS about is how Classless Jorge Jesus was. For that reason alone I’d love it if it we turned it around in Lisbon just to see the smug look wiped from his face. But that’s just a dream, the reality will be more of what happened last night.

Want to write for e-Spurs? email e-spurs@live.co.uk

© e-Spurs 2014 All rights reserved no part of this document or this website may be reproduced without consent of e-Spurs
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:23 pm

    At last someone who sees things as they really are. let us,who still have some hope left,pray that Sherwood is NOT allowed any say in the futures of ANY of the the playing staff (current or future)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. spurgatso8:43 pm

    Wow cant beat a bit of positive support,did Sherwood choose this squad no,anybody else step up to take the job,no.van Gaal sorry I'm busy,but I'll step n when the heats of.The way things really are is that we are in a mess and somebody's go to try.If you feel you could do better,step up,lts have a laugh !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:02 pm

    I appreciate the comments. No Tim did not choose this squad BUT he did choose the team Thursday night and every game since AVB got the push. No consistency, no aim, no ambition, no discernable plan - or none that I can see (explain Kane instead of Soldado). No I couldn't do better, never said I could, I'm no footballer and no football Manager (though I've done my share of managing) but as a fan (since '63) I've got an opinion and I'm allowed to express it as you are allowed to disagree. I HAVE supported Tim & hoped he'd do the job but after Norwich, Chelski and Benfica I have serious doubts. I expect Mr Levy does too. And Van Gaal stepping in when the heat is off? When is the heat ever going to be off Managing Spurs? I will be behind the team and Tim on Sunday with a serious dose of fingers crossed! MF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:32 pm

    I saw twenty minutes of the second half-- the worst 20 minutes (maybe) including the red card... so I have little to say except.. why did our outside wing backs look like the playmakers? Naughton had more through (long) balls than anyone during this stretch. Verts looks like he already signed for another team, and SOLDADO wasn't on the pitch... again, after shooting his duck??? WTH?

    ReplyDelete

Please keep all comments:

1-Clean (non-offensive)
2-Spurs related
3-Interesting