Believe , belief , bewildered

In the 2nd poem we feature exclusively by The Spurs Poet, you may recognise a few of the emotions all Spurs fans experience on a regular basis!
 
I can't believe you treat me like this
Every single year
I can't believe we are here again
...
My start of season fear

I can't believe we beat the champions
Then drop more points at Wigan
Although I'm not prepared to give up hope
A win next week and your forgiven

I can't believe we let it slip
The future was in our hands
Now we have to hope that others
Help us with our plans

I can't believe the lack of passion
Well , for a large part of the game
I thought we might leave it late
Like against city at white hart lane

I can't believe .. I wait I can
Because we have been through this before
The life of a Tottenham fan
Can be bitter, twisted and sore

I can believe we have had a blip
It's the usual for us spurs
It's hard but we need to restore some faith
In this beloved club of ours

Belief, believed ,bewildered
Faith or blinded by the shirt
Frustration , frustrated , floundering
Future glory or more untold hurt

I can't tell you the future
But the past I know and can share
The past of a history filled with joy
And a certain amount of despair

So no matter what comes in the forthcoming weeks
And no matter if its joy or pain
I can't believe is a familiar phrase
At the glorious temple called White Hart lane

© Thespurspoet 2013 All rights reserved no part of this document may be reproduced without consent of author
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 comments:

  1. MrPenickity11:17 pm

    Love the poem - except second verse, line 4 should be "you're" not "your"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:53 am

    Tottenham make me scream we are letting in to many goals Parker is out of his depth we must play huddleston holby and dembele of gilfy if we are to win the rest of our games

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:06 pm

    My doctor says I should exercise, but my heart gets a full workout every week, sometimes twice a week following Spurs. I was waiting for Hudd to thump that ball in the last minute. Oh, the pain and glory of supporting spurs. we really miss Sandro and Ekotto must play ahead of Naughton.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep all comments:

1-Clean (non-offensive)
2-Spurs related
3-Interesting