A PL “almost the end of the season” Review

Article by Mark French

Follow e-Spurs on Twitter!

So, season nearly over (thank god), it’s time to make some comment. I’ve just read a couple of excellent e-Spurs articles about the state of the team and would agree with them both so I’m not sure I can add a lot to that.

Therefore I thought I’d put some comments forward on things happening elsewhere and how they may affect us.

The Scum

The current situation here I love. Perhaps that makes me a little strange but I’ll try to explain. They are already calling last night’s victory over Newcastle their annual St Totteringhams day (or whatever it is). It shows their main ambition it still to finish above us and that they haven’t moved on and learnt that they need to focus elsewhere….like on City or Chelsea. They will make 4th place and so face the annual distraction of another failed Champions League campaign and the excuses that inevitably follow. They are in the FA Cup final and I guess will assume they will win it. Any fool knows that to assume makes and ass out of u and me. Win and they’ll be satisfied that they’ve finally won a trophy and gloat for many a year until they win another one. That this is still the limit of their ambitions illustrates where they really are. Lose and it will be us who’ll be gloating at yet another year of failure to win a trophy. With their stadium and resources they really should be progressing but they’re not. I know, not our problem. Whatever happens with them now I am sure they will keep Mr Whinger and that suits me fine. He is no longer the Manager he was and they will continue to be Le *rse we have come to know and love, going no-where, always the bridesmaids never the bride, never moving forward from where they are. I hope they offer him a big contract, as I think they’ll regret it by the end of next season.

Manure

This is very interesting. Stick with Giggs or move for Van Gaal? As LVG is apparently ‘waiting for United’ they can have him if they want him. Of course, if they go elsewhere, I hope we’ve also chosen elsewhere and he misses his big PL chance. I only want us to have a Manager who chooses Spurs first and he appears not to be in that bracket so leave him where he is. Of course if they stick with Giggs that’ll be fun and games and I expect him not to last very long. The reasons are obvious. No managerial experience, no tactical background, no people skills (unless you’re female of course). You can only last so long with Henry V speeches. With United’s debt levels I’ll be keen to see what money they actually have to spend and who is interested in joining them. With the sacking of Moyes we are now constantly linked with him as our next Manager. Heaven help us all if DL takes him on. I keep my fingers crossed he is not even in the frame.

The Scousers

I honestly think this will be a bit of a one off season for them unless they do a major defensive overhaul. They have great strikers with great pace and a good midfield but they will get exposed next season if they don’t build at the back. Chelsea proved that at Anfield. They had the advantage this year of only playing domestically, so let’s see how they do with CL games added. I don’t expect them to go far. Rodgers has shown his lack of tactical ability by being rigid in his approach to every game and not adapting to the opponents. Next year will be even worse for him as every team will know how to deal with them. He needs to learn from Mourinho but he won’t.

Which neatly leads me to…

The Chavs

The Special Needs One has tremendous tactical nous and knows how to approach and win games. The fact that it is boring, bordering on Stoke/Wet Spam like is irrelevant (especially to the chav supporters) few people will remember how bad it really was and history will only tell the final results and winners and not how it was achieved. Take it for granted that they will re-load and their additions may change everything as far as their football goes. Whatever happens they’ll do well and Maureen will still be the moody Jack Dee stand up comedian and entertain us all with his err…witticisms and banter.

Citeh

Pellegrini aside (who I totally despise) City are a good side, if a tad inconsistent (it’s this and Chelsea’s inconsistency that have let Liverpool and earlier le *arse get where they are). They will also re-load and improve again. Let’s face it, they really only need a couple of players to get even better.

Finally…..These comments are only my opinion and none of it may come to pass – I am not Nostradamus.

My hopes for us are that we chose a Manager to stick with and let him do his job. That we shift some of the deadwood out and replace with better (there’s enough out there guys) develop the talent we have, be CONSISTANT and IMPROVE!

It’s the ups and downs of our season that have been so draining for me.

If we win our last 2 games we’ll finish on the same points as last year which shows that we have not moved on. Let’s hope for better and I wish all my fellow Spurs supporters a good break and a chance to de-stress from our season.

I’ll see you at Turf Moor, it’s the only ground I can really get to from here.

© e-Spurs 2014 All rights reserved. No part of this document or this website may be reproduced without consent of e-Spurs
Share on Google Plus
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments:

1-Clean (non-offensive)
2-Spurs related
3-Interesting